Posted by Puteri | 12/13/2007 12:32:00 PM | 0 comments »

Recently I commented on a news article about vaginal rejuvenation. I wondered who would go for such a surgical procedure and in my mind the reason anyone would go for such a procedure would be purely cosmetic.

I did not realize that there is a medical field called urogynecology which is dedicated to the treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders such as urinary or fecal incontinence and prolapse (bulging or falling) of the vagina, bladder and/or the uterus.

I am not surprised that women might want to go for vaginal rejuvenation especially after multiple child births especially when those child births have led to prolapse.

Elderly women who do not wish to be sexually active anymore and has uterine prolapse or vaginal vault prolapse could benefit from a procedure called total colpocleisis which essentially closes the vagina on the inside.

Two well known surgeons in the field of urogynecology are Drs. Miklos & Moore. They are international experts in laparoscopic vaginal reconstruction and are pioneers in minimally invasive vagina and bladder surgery.

You can learn more about them and the areas they specialize in by visiting tvtsling.com.